Senior Quality Engineer
Mohit is ASQ certified Six-Sigma Black Belt with more than 17 years engineering experience in the medical device and petroleum industries. He has participated in numerous projects to develop new processes as well as to enhance and streamline existing operations. He is extremely skilled in several plastic processing technologies including injection molding, extrusion and thermoforming.
- Hands-on experience with validation (IQ, OQ, PQ) of diverse equipment and automated systems.
- Provided engineering support to the injection molding and extrusion operations to achieve production volumes at the highest quality.
- Involved in the design, development and validation of molds for new products including material selection, flow analysis and conducting mold trials.
- Interfaced with key external suppliers of components
- Developed and supervised the execution of various tooling programs and tool transfers
- Provided engineering support in troubleshooting of manufacturing issues
- Led the corporate mold transfer project which involved the transfer of molds from various suppliers in the US to a single supplier in Costa Rica. Responsibilities included identifying the supplier; outlining validation requirements’ and providing support to the supplier during the validations.
- Led project to create back-up’s for critical tooling and de-bottlenecking of the molding operations
- Planned, developed, validated, and implemented new manufacturing processes and process improvements in the plastics injection molding operations; conferred with planning and design engineers concerning product design and tooling to assure efficient production methods.
- Developed the “Hot Runner Molding” program which resulted in a cost savings of over $250,000 annually..
- Provided engineering support to the injection molding operations to achieve production volumes at the highest quality; used statistical design of experiments (DOE) to identify root-cause.
- Reduced cycle time on a lens system by 20%
- Led a project that reduced start-up times by 70%
- Led a project that eliminated a common defect resulting in annual savings of $100,000
- Assisted the “Painted AB” product family in implementing Lean Manufacturing principles in all production areas of the value stream.
- Led the process control & discipline effort; developed and implemented an auditing system for the entire value stream
- Led a “mold quick change” kaizen that reduced change-over times by 60%
- Designed and implemented a web-based database for accessing and storing process information.
- Assisted in the development of a petrochemical complex based on feedstock available from a refinery; proposed the use of reformate as feedstock for manufacture of paraxylene.
- Responsible for the selection of technology for manufacturing HDPE/LLDPE.
- Led a team involved in testing and inspection of various equipment for a Urea & XLPE project.
- Computer skills – Moldflow, Solid Works, Minitab, Stat-Ease Design Expert, MS Office, MS Project
- Senior Quality Engineer – BioTeknica, Inc.
- Principal Engineer/Engineering Manager – Boston Scientific Corp.
- Advanced Manufacturing Engineer – 3M Precision Optic, Inc.
- Deputy Business Development – Essar Oil, Ltd.
- Project Engineer – Oswal Petrochemicals, Ltd.
- Project Engineer – Ultima Assets & Investments Pvt., Ltd.
- M.S., Plastics Engineering – University of Massachusetts
- Post Graduate Diploma, International Management – International Management Institute, New Delhi, India
- B.S., Chemical Engineering – University of Pune, India
- M. Malkani, J. Soneta, J.L. Mead, and S. A. Orroth, 2002, Direct Sheet Extrusion and Thermoforming of TPO Compounds, ANTEC 2002, San Francisco