Senior Consultant/Lean Sensei
Miguel has more than 25 years of global experience in developing, facilitating, and managing process and business change to achieve sustainable competitive advantage in a variety of enterprises. A Lean-Six Sigma expert and Global Sensei in Lean Enterprise System, Miguel has served as Global Director or Senior Consulting positions for several global multinationals.
- As Global Director of Engineering & Lean Enterprise for Phelps Dodge International, a multinational wire & cables company, he led the corporate wide efforts in deploying and implementing process improvements using Lean Enterprise System methodologies.
- Installed and sustained manufacturing, supply chain, and sales & marketing process method improvements and waste extraction efforts in China, India, Oceania (Australia and New Zealand), Southeast Asia, Africa and most countries in North, Central and South America. Benchmarked and exchanged best practices with Europe.
- Facilitated and managed transition in Phelps Dodge from a traditional operational model to the Lean Enterprise System and developed the structure of Lean Champions and led training to support the gains achieved in process improvement. In a nine year period, the international division revenues grew from $500 MM to $1.9 BN.
- As a Senior Consultant with a boutique consulting company, he significantly improved processes at Rockwell International, United Technologies, Visteon, Ford, General Motors, Penfield, Deere, and other top tier companies throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- Developed, designed, installed and validated a unique and innovative environmental control manufacturing facilities for Baxter Diagnostics Stratus Operations using up-flow air distribution systems.
- Led a multidisciplinary team in developing a 300,000 sq.ft. technology center for Baxter Diagnostic that included testing facilities for freeze-drying, humidity controlled environments for tableting, particle controlled environments and negative pressurization area for research in contagious diseases.
- Responsible for designing, installation and validation of the first Fluid Bed Granulation Process Diagnostic in Miami and support of another facility in Puerto Rico.
- Led Baxter Diagnostic facilities and utilities design and validation of all production areas including clean rooms, dry rooms, animal rooms, negative pressurization rooms, refrigeration systems and production facilities in diagnostic facilities in Miami, Sacramento, Orange County and Puerto Rico.
- Senior Consultant/Lean Sensei – BioTeknica, Inc.
- Managing Director – Analytixz
- Global Director of Engineering & Lean Enterprise – Phelps Dodge/General/Cable Corporation
- Global Director of Process Improvement – Phelps Dodge International Corporation
- Senior Consultant – UMC Management Consulting Corp.
- Senior Consultant – Inter-American Management Consulting
- Director of Engineering – Dade International
- Manager Facilities, Utilities & Manufacturing Support – Baxter Diagnostics Inc.
- M.S., Industrial Engineering – University of Miami
- M.B.A. – University of Miami
- Post Graduate in Operation Analysis & Marketing Research – University of Minnesota
- B.S., Industrial Engineering – Monterrey Institute of Technology
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering – Monterrey Institute of Technology
- Lean Enterprise System – Factory Physics (Northwestern University)
- Strategic Management Methods and processes (University of Chicago)
- Waste & Waste Elimination (Conway Institute)
- Six Sigma (ASQ)
- Process Re-Engineering Seminar, Contamination Control, QFD