Jorge has 27 years of experience as an engineering technician in the biomedical/medical device industry. He is proficient with custom manufacturing production equipment used for filling, labeling, capping, printing, packaging, and automated assembly. He has experience in designing prototype manufacturing equipment, installation, debugging, validation and qualification of electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems. Additionally, Jorge has worked on client validation projects with autoclaves, ovens, refrigerators, stability chambers and more.
- Assisted in validation of equipment, utilities and facilities for pharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics companies.
- Responsible for design, installation, set-up, debug, training and qualification of a high speed capping and labeling line.
- Responsible for design, installation, set-up, debug, training and qualification of a robot automated packaging line.
- Designed, installed and qualified several semi-automated weight check systems.
- Lead technician for design, construction, installation and debug of 1 st generation high volume customized automated assembly line.
- Designed and assembled sections of prototype R&D instrumentation.
- Executed Factory Acceptance Testing for several units of diverse production equipment.
- Responsible for testing, process improvement and validation of packaging components.
- Well versed in the operation of data loggers, including programming and calibration.
- Engineering Technician – BioTeknica, Inc.
- Technical Engineering Unit Leader – Dade International, Inc.
- Sr. Engineering Tech – Baxter Diagnostics, Inc.
- Engineering Technician – Baxter Diagnostics, Inc.
- Lead Machine Mechanic – American Hospital Supply Corp.
- Sergeant – US Army Signal Battalion
- Mechanics & Electrical Training
- All versions of AutoCad
- Light Machining
- Windows, Excel, Word
- Process validation, ergonomics, cGMPs, FDA regulations, and Documentation
- Kaye data logging equipment